13 October, 2008

Jim Masterfield: 1994 Mr. America Bodybuilding Champ

Sunday at Moscow Bible Church Jim Masterfield spoke. He was 1994 Mr. America Champion bodybuilder. He has a brain tumor and is dying of cancer. He made the journey all the way to Russia to visit some church friends and long-time missionaries here. You can listen to his powerful testimony here: http://biblechurch.ru/audio/?ID=288 (Note that the actual translation of his sermon starts at 3:45 into the podcast. The translator is overdubbing a short bodybuilding video which you can see below on Youtube.)

Also is a blog about his other visits to other churches here in Moscow. It also contains a Youtube link with an early 1994 interview: http://www.jimandlynetta.blogspot.com/

Update: added the Youtube link for Jim Masterfield: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRYHM6GUd8

10 comments:

Unknown said...

did Jim pass away?

Unknown said...

I met him in Hawaii last sept

SBTLady said...

Jim was my home health physical therapist until he was diagnosed w/the brain tumor. He was the most caring therapist and likeable guy in the world. Considering his Mr. America title, he was very modest about it. Altho he did bring some bodybuilding magazines that featured him when he was competing. I told him he looked like a turkey just out of the oven. LOL ROFL! (I think ALL bodybuilders look that way.) LOL! The last time I saw him was in the hospital in Eugene, OR a few days after his brain surgery. He told us then that he was being led by the Lord to tell his story to churches that wanted to hear it. We just loved him.
I haven't heard if he's passed away or not, we don't take the Eugene paper anymore. He was certainly a blessing in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Jim shared his life story at our church today. I wept my way through it, as he shared that the doctors have recently found 3 more tumors. My husband and I lost one of our longest time friends (42 years)just a few months ago from a brain tumor. How precious Jim's words were to us. He and his wife are amazing people. We are grateful they shared with all of us today...I too look forward to a great heavenly reunion and pray that I can be as positive a witness for Jesus as Jim is. None of us know when our time here is up; all we have is today.

Anonymous said...

Jim Madterson did pass away in November of 2013 at his home. My dad knew him and used to work out with him in grants pass OR back in the early to mid eighties...

Unknown said...

I was with him this morning at church. He's still going. He really needs prayers still.

Adriyanna said...

No he didn’t, he’s my next door neighbor

Unknown said...

Jim is still alive, I know this because I work with him every day...he is definitely an amazing man, he is a blessing in all of our lives.

Anonymous said...

Is jim still alive?

Anonymous said...

No, he died last year, 2022.

 
My Google profile