27 June, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

Without a doubt, this has to be the best movie title I have heard in a long time. I do not fear snakes nor planes. But combining the two, I think I could be frightened. Of laughing to death, that is.

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=snakesonaplane

When I was growing up, I had to encounters with the reptiles. My first snakey time which I remember involved some old dude who must have lived/worked nearby our house. I think he worked for the local cement factory which ground up rocks excavated from a nearby mountaintop. He had caught some rattlesnakes and put them in a 55 gallon drum. My Dad and he did a little show and tell. That was about all my 5 year old brain needed.

My second snakey situation involved the TV. I think I was sick with the flu or something I remember watching some movie on TV. I think it involved a Charles Bronson prsion break or the EMT show Emergency. Anyhoo, this helicopter pilot was flying around and this giant snake was onboard and got him. I don't remember if Sir Hiss crashed or flew the helicopter after that. Maybe it was just a delirious dream. I do remember being scared though and I think the chopper pilot was sweating up a storm.

Just to make fun of it all, the 21st century welcomes our new blog buddy:

http://www.snakesonablog.com/

I hope you waste as much time as I did enjoying the trailers and collection of celluloid, reptilian drivel that I do.

No comments:

 
My Google profile